Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Creation & Manifestation Part 3


Living the Prosperous Life

As I've commented before, the movie "The Secret" was a mixed bag insofar as bringing enlightenment on the topic of prosperity. The implication in the title of this knowledge having been deliberately withheld is ludicrous, of course. While the concept of "Law of Attraction" seems valid, the essential purpose in life would seem to be portrayed as "attracting" expensive cars, large homes, and perfect health. These end results are presented as apparent definition of what a prosperous life means.

In my view of things, the definition of success in life goes well beyond how effectively we can attract the trappings of wealth. I wish The Secret had focused more on learning to recognize the soul's path. While it's true that many suffer because ingrained thoughts and attitudes attract negative results, some of life's challenges are scripted by the soul. There is no simplistic formula for determining what the soul considers successful. Health and wealth are nice to achieve, but may mean little to the soul's agenda. Of course, deprivation and suffering are not virtuous in themselves either.

I  speak as one who has embraced the "Law of Deprivation" all of my life, as handed down from parents and grandparents. Not that we ever experienced true deprivation, but "money doesn't grow on trees" and the "wolf" always threatened to "howl at the door". I've generally lived a fairly comfortable life, with basic needs met, but always felt this was somehow difficult to achieve, and required hard work under stressful conditions.

At mid-life, I began to question my values and beliefs about money and prosperity. The motivation for doing this was prompted by the realization that my soul longed for freedom of expression. While I had a good job in my field that paid well, the thought kept running through my mind that "I'm working for the Man", doing things all day that I wouldn't necessarily choose to do otherwise. At the end of the day I felt drained, with little spark left for hobbies or an avocation. I asked myself what things I'd be doing if not working for the Man, and came up with a substantial list. My angst grew as I realized that some of those items were things that I dearly wanted to accomplish while on Earth. "Don't die with your music still in you" as Wayne Dyer says.

The opportunity came for self-employment, so I took it and traded cube life for freedom - and a lot more risk. I found that working as a consultant still involves "working for the Man", just not in a cubicle provided by the Man.

I began to ponder the philosophy behind money - what it is, how we get it and how we seem to become slaves in the process. I wondered what if we were all handed a chunk of cash and told to spend our time as we see fit. Works for me, wouldn't you think?

As I digested the teachings of Abraham and The Secret, I wondered why I couldn't simply utilize the LOA to manifest a big pile of green ones and declare my freedom. I began to place my hopes around this, but thus far it hasn't happened. However, I remain convinced that freedom is a good thing, and is obtainable.

Here is the sum of my conclusions: Money is simply a form of energy. While Source can supply inexhaustible energy, the human desire to store up money and stash it away runs contrary to the natural laws of the universe. This spawns greed and equates money with power, and leads to some of the darker examples of human behavior. Abraham even commented in response to a question that the stated desire for a large bank acount implies fear of deprivation - the human ego assumes that only a large stash will provide security in the future.

One basic principle that I've only recently learned is that prosperity comes through maintaining a creative flow from your inner core. As Stuart Wilde put it in "The Trick to Money is Having Some":

"It is simpler therefore to agree that one doesn't need security. One doesn't even need a system that favors one. All that is ever needed, is what one already has, which is creativity and energy. You don't have to become immortal to be safe. All you have to do is to acknowledge that what you are right now is enough to keep you safe and more than enough to keep you in abundance for the rest of your days in spite of circumstances, You just need you, comfortable inside yourself."

There is nothing wrong with having money. It's just that money represents stored energy and is static; the soul is dynamic and lives in the moment and is interested only in what is flowing right now. Stasis is generally not a good thing in this life. Retirement may be appropriate at a certain age, but even then those who fail to remain engaged in something generally don't live long afterward. Those whose primary goal is to float in bliss without a care are better served in an astral plane on the Other Side.

I assume that my soul is clever and knows how to pull in what it needs, especially if I open the flow of creative expression. The entire world was somehow created from nothing, and may be nothing more than a projection of consciousness. The precise mechanism of how this works is still a mystery worthy of further exploration. We are brought back once again to the high strangeness of stones and books dropping from the aether onto my desk or chair. Can this be directed to provide items of greater value, such as gold coins or large-denomination bills? Just how pliable is reality? The jury is still out on that one.

We know that thought produces instant form on some etheric level, but it takes a bit more process to actually produce the goods in solid material form. There may be ways of mastering this and conjuring things more directly, but generally some action is required to channel creative energy into useful form, i.e. money that can be exchanged for goods. This action can be a creative inspiration taking form as a businesss venture or inovative idea, but it doesn't need to require drudgery or "working for the Man".

It could also be that our financial system is in the process of disintegratng, as the new wave of consciousness shifts out the old. In that case, those who put their faith in dollars could be greatly disapointed, while the principles of creative expression will prove transferrable to whatever system emerges. Thus it behooves us to get the principles of prosperity figured out in a manner that will meet material needs no matter what apocalypse looms ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment